Sep 7, 2012
It’s time to People Power the Cook Shops. Join us for a community festival, and shop to tackle climate change!
Where: Cook Shops, Cook Place, Cook
When: Saturday September 8, sales all day are included. Join us 10am-2pm for stalls and entertainment
- Book in a lady’s cut now at Aqua Hair, or pick up some environmentally friendly haircare products
- Drop into Gina’s for a Barber’s cut on the day to support roof insulation
- Pick up some groceries at the Cook Friendly Grocer - 100% of extra takings to be invested in energy efficiency
- Bring in a piece of jewellery for repair or cleaning at Canberra Jewellery Repair and Restoration
What is People Power Canberra?
Are you sick of polarised debate about climate change and pricing pollution?
Ever wondered if there’s something you can do here, in your community, with your friends and neighbours, to make a real difference?
Imagine if we could easily change our buildings, offices and shops to drastically reduce the amount of energy we use, and increase the amount of renewable energy we generate. All it takes is a little bit of up-front cash and the right ideas, and we can transform Canberra, reduce our emissions, and get on with moving to renewable energy now. Join us at Cook shops, where the money you spend at participating shops will be invested in reducing emissions in store!
- Music – The Quote Book, The Night Cafe and more
- Activities – Sustainability fun for kids with SEE-Change, prize draws
- Information – Stalls with local environment groups to tell you more about taking action in Canberra
- Sausage Sizzle!